These coconut cookies are easy to prepare and turn out to be super tasty. I have used half of fresh grated coconut and half of dried coconut powder in this recipe.Fresh (or frozen) coconut renders great taste to these cookies. This recipe makes 15-17 cookies.
You will need:
1 cup All purpose flour
1/2 a cup of fresh finely grated fresh coconut
1/2 cup of dry coconut powder
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup cranberries
1/2 cup butter at room temperature
1 tsp cardamom powder
A pinch of saffron
pinch of baking soda
Sugar for dusting
- Pre-heat the oven at 375 F, and lightly grease a baking tray.
- Mix together all purpose flour, 1/4 cup of dry coconut powder, cardamom powder, baking powder.
- Beat the butter and sugar together till it becomes light and creamy. Add saffron and fresh coconut to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Now add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, fold in the cranberries and mix everything to make a very soft dough.
- Divide this dough in 15-17 parts and make rounds with a circular motion of your palm. Roll this round in the remaining dry coconut powder, flatten it slightly and place on baking tray. Dust the top of the cookies with some powdered sugar.
- Bake the cookies in pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes till they are golden brown.
- Remove from oven when done, cool and enjoy with milk or coffee this winter :-)